Wednesday, September 7, 2011

An Ode To Retail

I know you're broke and times are tough
And you must choose: gas or snuff?
Believe me, bub, I sympathize
With petrol prices on the rise
And wages hardly fit to live.
But when you ask what I can give
My answer's on a sour note
For we are in the same damn boat.
This is a business, not charity,
And when there is disparity
Between your wallet and your tab
Do not ask me my purse to grab.
I too have bills and obligations
Without paying for your libations.
You're an adult, learn to cope
For it does no good for you to mope.
Shop elsewhere if you feel you must
And in this you can surely trust:
You're just a number to this corporate whore
And your bitching has become a bore.
Though you complain and wax sorely pissed
Your business here will not be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm too busy goofing off to answer right now, so leave a message. As long as you are not delivering spam, your call will be answered in the order in which it was received. Please keep your hands and feet inside until we come to a complete stop, and remember to take your personal belongings with you as you exit the ride. No refunds, exchanges, or substitutions. Unruly children will be sold to the circus. I like waffles.